Central Solutions has received funding under the 2017 EPA Research Awards to investigate the area of environmental compliance and enforcement both in Ireland and internationally with a view to identifying what factors drive and influence corporate compliance behaviour amongst the regulated community nationally.
Considering the environmental, social and economic pressures we face globally, there is a pressing need to transition beyond “business-as-usual” mindsets and practices. “Going beyond compliance” (GBC) is an approach to help deliver greater organisational performance and long-term value across the triple bottom line.
The main recommendations of this report are to:
- set out a vision for GBC nationally;
- establish an environmental excellence community of practice;
- review policy and investigate new regulatory frameworks for GBC;
- develop a programme of supports and incentives for GBC;
- conduct further research, innovation and collective action on GBC.
This project sees the further expansion of the R&D team at Central Solutions’ Limerick offices which operates across areas such as Operational Excellence, Water Stewardship, Digital Business and Corporate Sustainability.
To find out more about Central Solutions’ programmes and supports, email email@example.com, or follow us on Linkedin or Twitter.